“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”
― The Salmon of Doubt
Midweek post = before midnight on Friday
– according to me
OK, a couple of months ago, I set some “tentative” (lies) deadlines for some of the projects that I have been working on for the past year or so. (Check the link in the last sentence if you want an explanation of what those projects are.) Earlier this week, I promised to give you an update regarding those goals. Consider yourselves updated after this, everyone.
- Project A, begin querying agents and publishers:
Sometime in early-mid summer 2019[LIES end of 2019].
I think I was hoping for one more revision on this, and I did manage to get through that this summer. But I have not started making submissions. I need to figure out my method of looking up and setting up potential submittees, some sort of database. I also need to get a pro proofreader to look at it so I’m not missing anything. That has to be something I invest in, as well as copyright issues.
- Project B, finish major redrafting of the rough draft (more of a second rough draft rather than a more focused revision): End of
I was honestly surprised recently I made more headway on this. I need to do a lot more on the revision, and I need to force my way through that and getting a proofreader for this shorter project. I still think it’s doable.
- Project C, finishing creating rough draft poems: End of 2019.
Got a couple of more poems, but I think I might start submitting poems individually after I find some possible outlets, especially local/regional ones.
- Project F: None at this time, but I would like planning for the project to be well underway by the end of 2019.
Can’t blow a deadline if you haven’t reached it yet.
- Project S: Maybe posted by the end of the month
6.2019 (tentative)8.2019 [COMPLETED]
This got finished up in August and I was very much surprised at the positive reaction I got on the fanfiction sites for this. It will never be a paying gig, but as a hobby and writing exercise, it’s really intriguing to me.
(There is now a Project S2 in the works. Yes, I am nuts.)
- Project R: None at this time.
- Project W: None at this time.
Forgive me, Internet citizens?
I’ll check in later.