I didn’t do that midweek update I had planned. I will do my best to make one happen this week.
My writing totals were up and down. Total word count was slightly higher; days worked went down; days meeting my quota still the same. The hard stats:
+3,960 words written.
-60 words cut.
Days writing: 5 out of 7.
Daily writing goals met: 3 out of 7 days.
I’m glad I can hold things steady, even if I feel like I’m having an off writing week.
Another bit of good news; I made it past the 40,000-word threshhold this week! As I mentioned before, on this new writing project (American 9), I am shooting for just under 100,000 words in length. This is a brand-new way I’m tackling the work – writing the essential scenes first and filling in or leaving out other items later – and it seems to be helping me with getting stuck in narratives.
Just keep writing along…