So, just checking the numbers for this week, and they are… better than last week, at least.
+1,368 words written (blogging)
Days writing: 2 out of 7.
Days revising: 2 out of 7 for 90 total minutes.
Daily Writing Goals Met (500+ words or 30 minutes of revisions): 4 out of 7 days.
So, what does all of that mean? I think I’ve managed to analyze what is going on with my work.
- Right now, I’m not focusing on The American Nine. I’m giving it a rest until at least the end of the month, and I want to let it rest until I can properly give it a good look. This main character means a lot to me, and I don’t want to screw it up with regular stupidity.
- I realized that We Can Be You… is no longer in the revision mode, but in a rough draft mode. There are only 30,000 or so words in the draft, and I will have to turn it into a proper rough draft to make it work.
- There was one person I was beta reading, but I realized that the material he was writing was so alien to me that I had to tap out and give what I had done to him and move on. It was just something so foreign to me, that I knew that I would not have been a objective beta reader for their work.
So, that’s why my weekly count is where it is. I had to sort out where I was with all of my items and act accordingly. So, it will be a matter or figuring out where to go with my various projects and moving forward.
A couple of other items (Random Notes):
- I’m a bit more secure regarding my day job, but I’ll get into that once everything is finalized on that front.
- I think things are moving forward on the publication front, but some people are taking forever on that level as well. I’ll be happy to update you when there is something to update.
Anyway, that’s it for now. More later.
One thought on “Writing Journal/Random Notes 5.6.2018: Better numbers, and a few recent realizations”