OK, had a good three-day weekend, and I wound up taking most of it off, writing-wise. That set me off a little with my writing goals this week, but it turns out it didn’t
Anyway, I’m out of my slump. at least. Here’s the raw numbers, so to speak.
+1,774 words written.
Days writing: 2 of 7.
Days revising: 3 of 7 for 120 total minutes.
Daily Writing Goals Met (500+ words or 30 minutes of revisions): 4 of 7 days.
What happened was I needed a mental break from everything, and I have been obsessing over Game of Thrones’ last season. The first two episodes look epic and I’m really curious to see how it all wraps up. I’ve read the first book in the series but I’m honestly more of a series fan than the book fan, although I really love GRRM’s world-building skills and his way of developing characters. I honestly like that we have good television out there – I always picture growing up watching Superfriends, Misfits of Science, and Family Ties and thinking that was good television.
Here’s the project updates:
- Project A: I’m delaying the Writer’s Market subscription until the end of May, when I’ll start shopping it around. I’ll want to finish my proofreading edit/follow-up revision by then, I think.
- Project B: Stuck again on another dud of a scene. I might want to hold off on this for a bit to continue my work on A and C.
- Project C: Had some success on the Google voice to text. I think I might still have Dragon Speak on my phone; I might see if that has better results. Right now I have about 30 pages of poems, which is pretty stunning for someone who never got into poetry until this decade.
The projected deadlines for those projects (an attempt by me to keep myself accountable for all of this).
- Project A, begin querying agents and publishers: Sometime in early-mid summer 2019.
- Project B, finish major redrafting of the rough draft (more of a second rough draft rather than a more focused revision): End of summer 2019.
- Project C, finishing creating rough draft poems: End of 2019.
I promise I’ll put some more stuff on the blog soon, hopefully before the next weekend.