Things are… progressing? Not perfect, but picking up regardless. I am putting up consistent if low numbers. This is what I have for this week:
+1,501 words written.
Days writing: 4 out of 7.
Days revising: 1 out of 7 for 30 total minutes.
Daily writing goals met (500+ words or 30 minutes of revisions): 2 out of 7 days.
I guess as you look at it statistically, it’s pretty much stable with last week’s numbers. I still am not reaching the goals like I want, but at least I’m not headed backward.
In overall manuscript news, I am currently at 91,862 words on the first draft. As I said in previous posts, I am aiming for a maximum word count of between 90,000 and 99,999 words. I absolutely don’t want to get in a situation where my first draft goes way over 100,000 and I have to slash scenes.
This week, I finished up a critical scene where my main character has a confrontation with his grandfather about how he’s being awful to his mother. I was worried that I wasn’t going to have enough space to get that subplot in, but I think I can manage it. I have three more scenes to do – the “kiss-off” scene where he basically quits his team and goes off to England, a press conference scene, and the last scene in the book. I think I can manage it, but we’ll have to see.
Some of that time that’s been taken up this week has been due to blogging. I am actually going to have, guaranteed (because I already finished and scheduled it) a post for Wednesday night. It’s going to be part of a series on revising, which I thought was appropriate since I will soon be getting into full-fledged revisions for the new book. Plus, I’ve got ideas for at least two other topics.
Looking forward to the working, living, and writing week.