So, wow. Things are starting to happen/already happening.
First thing’s first – for the first time in a long time, I have made my daily quota every day this week. The numbers, as always:
+494 words written.
Days writing: 1 of 7.
Days revising: 7 of 7 for 240 total minutes.
Daily Writing Goals Met (500+ words or 30 minutes of revisions): 7 of 7 days.
The numbers are not the biggest I’ve ever had, but I do like the consistency.
That’s cool and all, but I’ve got something else to let you know about. Something that I have been hoping for, openly wishing and fantasizing for, pretty much ever since I started this blog 18 months ago. And now, the moment is just about here.
On Saturday, January 14, I will be making an official launch post for my book, The Holy Fool: A Journalist’s Revolt. It will have:
- A full synopsis for the book.
- Info on the publisher I’m working with.
- Most importantly, links to where you will be able to get the book, which is coming out in paperback. It will be available in paperback immediately and in e-book version sometime afterward.
Of course, as time goes on, I will be promoting the heck out of the book as time goes on. I will be setting up a permanent page on the blog to house links and info for that book and books to come. That will get rolled out on Saturday, as well. Word will also be out on my Facebook and Twitter writing bases, and I will also announce a couple of new additions to my online world as well.
SO, there is that news. Stay tuned for Saturday.
Wow, anything for an encore? Here’s a couple of items.
- When not promoting the new project, I’ll still be revising some stuff. The current work in progress is still on the revising block. I have something of an ego wish to see if I can shave a few more excess words on that book and get it under 85,000 words.
- For varied reasons, I wanted to take a look at the second manuscript I ever wrote – you remember I talked about that a while back, right? Probably not. Anyway, a quick review of it made a couple of things apparent to me.
- A lot of the book is garbage.
- But not all of it.
- It’s pretty short – maybe half the size of my current WIP. If I can do some major league revising surgery on it, I think I would have a nice quick book that I might be able to put out with not as much difficulty as a full start-up project.
- As for other projects, maybe I need to do a roundup of that sometime later. There are a few different “lanes” that I am pursuing with various levels of interest and time invested.
OK, that’s all I have for now. See you here Saturday.