This week slow and steady numbers – not the best, but I did make my daily quota all this week, which was a plus.
+446 words written.
Days writing: 1 of 7.
Days revising: 7 of 7 for 210 total minutes.
Daily Writing Goals Met (500+ words or 30 minutes of revisions): 7 of 7 days.
So, not spectacular numbers, but consistent.
So, on to upcoming items:
The Holy Fool/General Promo items
- Had my first book signing event yesterday at the Coffee Belt in downtown Muscatine. Ownership and staff could not have been nicer. My wife Laura was a big help with logistics. Saw a lot of family and friends down there, and had much more success than I expected with the level of promotion we had for it.
- I’ve talked with the Musser Public Library in Muscatine about doing a book talk/event over there, and they seem open to it. This will likely happen late next month. As soon as I have a date for that, you’ll see it here. I also might look into some appearances/etc. at some libraries or locations north of me in the Quad Cities. The Midwest Writing Center might also host something for me later.
- Yes, I will get something started regarding a book giveaway on Goodreads. I should start that soon, within the next couple of weeks.
- Project A: Finished latest revision, and the word count is down to under 84,000. I think I will do a proofread edit soon, but I might have lucked into a beta read for it in exchange for beta reading the screenplay of a fellow writer I know. Finding an agent/publisher is now getting to be a priority.
I’m considering whether to sign up again for the online Writer’s Market. Would another resource be better, or is this a good first step? Let me know in the comments if you have a thought on that.
- Project B: Still progressing. I’m thinking of ways to flesh out the character in a way that will make it realistic for an ex-con and his struggles. I still think this will take about 2-3 months, maybe -there is a lot to revise, but the book is mess than two-thirds the size of Project A. After that’s completed, then I’ll put out a call to beta readers.
- Project C: Starting to come up with some poems, which might boost up my weekly word counts slightly, but not by much (poetry and all that). Still thinking maybe 6-9 months before I have a rough draft.
That covers basically everything for right now. I’m hoping that I’m not going to get any more snow days this week. My school district is adding 30 minutes onto our days, so we actually have a chance of getting out of school for summer break before June. I’m definitely in favor of that.
I’ll keep writing and reading, and hope you do the same.