(You notice how I’ve been using photos of winter scenes? It’s snowing a lot.)
The numbers are not too much to write home about, but here they are:
+469 words written.
Days writing: 2 of 7.
Days revising: 4 of 7 for 180 total minutes.
Daily Writing Goals Met (500+ words or 30 minutes of revisions): 4 of 7 days.
Yeah, not really impressive given last few weeks. I have been making progress, but not as much as I want. Work has gotten in the way some (even with all the snow days, imagine that.) And the fact that there might be another snow day or two during this week will not help, either. Oh, well, I’ll be teaching in June anyway.
I’m just doing one post this weekend, so I’ll try to get in everything going on all at once.
Promo items/Stuff for The Holy Fool
- I mentioned that I will be having my first promotional appearance for my book this Saturday. It’s still on. All of the information is here.
- I want to set up a book talk at my local library here in Muscatine. I think it would be more of a book discussion than a signing, although I would be giving a copy of my book to the library as well. Once I get that sorted out, I’ll let everyone know date and time.
- Now that I have books in hand, I want to start doing a giveaway or two through my Goodreads page. As soon as I have that locked down, you will hear it here first.
(I went over all of these books here, just to get you caught up).
- Project A: Wrapping up my latest revisions on it, likely within the next week, after my beta reads. After that, I will be proofreading when I have time and begin considering markets for it. Some possibilities would be publishers/agents who are interested in books with sports themes or LGBTQ characters.
- Project B: This will likely pick up when I finish the latest revision on Project A. Length of time on this would likely be 2-3 months. I’ll also likely need some beta readers to review as well. After that, I start considering publishers/agents.
- Project C: I’ve compiled a collection of poems in one location. My initial thoughts are that I will need a bit more material before I consider shopping it around. Length of time to complete a full compilation before starting revisions would be maybe 6-9 months.
That’s about all I have for now. Keep reading me and everyone else, and if you are in the Midwest and getting as much snow as I am, stay safe.