I realize that these weekly posts may get a bit tedious at times, and at times repetitive. However, there is a purpose to all of this tracking and journal-keeping – keeping myself publicly responsible for the work (or lack of work) I do as a writer. It’s been a big help to me as far as keeping me writing, even if the amount of work that comes out is a trickle.
Speaking of that:
+710 words written.
Days writing: 2 of 7.
Days revising/planning: 4 of 7 for 300 total minutes.
Daily Writing Goals Met (500+ words or 30 minutes of planning/revisions): 4 of 7 days.
I’ve had worse, but definitely not as good as I’ve had the past couple of weeks. Let’s set that aside for a moment.
I want to switch things up on these weekly journals a little, so I’ll try different things here. How about this list: the stuff that I keep saying I’m going to do here, sometimes for a month or more, stuff I should get done, but haven’t. In no particular order:
- Trimming the bushes at my place. (This needs to happen before my wife gets back home).
- Doing more to my Project B something other than just looking at it. (See here for the guide to what I’m writing.)
- Seeing if the Writer’s Handbook might be a good alternative to the Writer’s Market.
- Writing some new poetry.
- Deciding to start writing these fracking posts on Saturday rather than on Sunday because I should know that I bug out on watching soccer on the weekends and they can easily wind up being lost weekends.
- Related to the above, I talked recently about how obsessed I am about soccer. That’s the inspiration for my current Project A. For a laugh, here’s me representing my number one team, the US National team:
How big of a soccer nerd am I? I was actually relieved when they changed to the new logo you see here. The team’s old badge was straight trash.
- Reading other writing WordPress blogs.
- Making more progress on my other projects.
On the other hand, there’s been a few things that I got done this week that I was happy 😃 with. Again, in no particular order:
- I’m having another person beta-read Project A. That should be done in another week or so. Then, I’m going to have to consider having a pro proofreader go over it. I have no idea how much that might be, but I want to look into it.
- I found out about a poetry contest from one of my writer friends. I’m going to enter it, because why not? We’ll see how it goes.
- I finally got restarted on Project S. I should be finished with it by the end of this week. After that, who knows? I’ll talk about it later.
- I’ve actually started reading through a good portion of The Writer’s Handbook. I think I might actually do a review of it here.
- The featured photo on this post are some of the books in my personal collection. Give me a shoutout if you’re a fan of any of them.
- I got this finished before midnight. Yea, me.