Considering that I had the whole week off, I was disappointed with my output this time. The only upside is that I improved on my totals from last week.
+2,975 words written.
Days writing: 5 out of 7.
Daily writing goals met (500+ words): 5 out of 7 days.
And the full totals:
Length of first draft (as of today’s date): 83,095 words.
Current goal for length of first draft by the end of Dec. 31, 2017: 83,000-85,000 words.
Planned length of first draft: 95,000-99,999 words.
So, Random Thoughts (most tied to the totals):
- Sorry this came out late today, but I had a shopping run out of town with my son and some other family time for the New Year. Thankfully, I am not out at a party tonight, and with Kathy Griffin fired from CNN there’s not too much point in watching the festivities on TV. So, writing time tonight.
- I keep saying I’m going to put together some more query letters for The Holy Fool, but I haven’t gotten around to it. That needs to get going again and in earnest.
- If I do have a resolution for 2018, it probably will be for my book to be published, even if it’s on Amazon or whatever. I’ve developed this online presence; it’s about time I used it to spread my writings around.
- Either tonight or tomorrow, I’m going to get online and read some more of my fellow bloggers here on WordPress. Thanks to everyone who has followed my page here or me on Facebook or Twitter.
- I’ve hit the lower end of my current goal for the overall book for the end of 2017. I’m over 83,000, but I want to see if I can get ambitious and get anywhere near 85,000. It will be fun to see if I can do it.
- Tomorrow, I plan to do another post detailing what happened with my writing during the last half of 2017. That will be very interesting to see once I crunch those numbers.
- Also want to do (if only, if only) two other posts this week – a long in the works thought piece and possibly one of my poems/essays.
- It was a wild year. I’m glad I started this blog mid-year and am looking forward to celebrating its first anniversary in the next several months.